Wednesday, August 14, 2013

The little things

Walked by these and got one of those deep, deep down happy feelings. Just seeing their little boots made me happy, then thinking of how dirty they got at school in them made me happy - I am lucky to have such a creative, nurturing, SAFE place for them to go while I work. It made me think of the person who gave the boots to them - I am blessed to have friends that are truly family. People in our lives that I know really would do whatever they could to help, protect, and encourage the boys and I. They made me look at the stained carpet - I am grateful for the roof over our heads in a safe neighborhood. The light shining through the door made me think of the hours spent out back laughing and bickering - I am humbled because although they've each had health problems they are healthy and capable. Their words remind me of how smart, curious, and funny their are. Their voices of how much they've grown and of how small and precious they still are. Thank you, little rain boots, for giving me some perspective on this rushed day.

No comments: