Tuesday, September 8, 2009

J's first day of preschool - through his eyes

J goes to preschool 2 days a week. On Tuesdays they learn science and on Thursdays they learn music. This is how J told me his day went.

"I painted a son. It's yellow. That's my son right there. My teacher put my name on it. It says JERaMYAH" "I made a telescope too. I coloured it blue. I looked at the clamits." I sort of ignored the clamits part until he said it another time in the van on the way home. I asked him "You saw clams in your telescope?" "NO clamits"

We get home and I pull his stuff from his backpack and he shows me his telescope. Looking through it he says "See the clamits. They are above the clouds when it's dark." I'm still not sure what the heck he's talking about until I pull at a picture he coloured of earth. "There's my clamit! It's a small one, they get big. My teacher lives there." Ah, yes son clamits.


I am so so glad I put him in preschool. He had so much fun, the teachers said he did fantastic. No tears, not one, even when the other kids cried. He didn't take a nap but he did have quiet time. He loved his teachers and had fun. Plus he already learned a lot about planets. What more could I ask for?!? I already can't wait for him to go on Thursday just to hear what he learned about.


The only bad thing was I bought him a sandwich box for his lunchbox and he didn't come home with it =( I have his name on it so if someone got it by mistake maybe they'll bring it back. J said his teacher threw it away though. Oh well.
They also said that he was a bit shy, he wouldn't reach to the middle of the table to dip his paintbrush to paint the sun but she said that as soon as she helped him the first couple of times he was good.

A little on the shy side I will take over tears any day!

1 comment:

mp said...

glad it went so well for him!! sorry about the sandwich box. i just saw one today at walmart and thought about buying it....have a good night!