Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Jeramyah's first day of preschool

Today I wake J up and tell him it's time for us to get dressed for school. He turns over and says "My schools ready?!?!?!" I tell him yes as he's jumping out of bed running into the living room shouting "My school's ready!" I tell him to come back and give me some lovins. He can barely hug or kiss me because he's talking about taking his lunch box, backpack, and napmat to school. I tell him to come help me make his lunch and he's talking about playing on the playground with his friends, building blocks, getting in the boat. Everything he's seen the two times we've been there.

He is impatently waiting at my feet for us to finish getting ready and go. I will add to this once we get back home.

So we pull into the parking lot and J is of course full of excitement. I open the doors to the van (automatically) and while I'm getting A out on my side J is looking out his side at a little boy in a van throwing a FIT saying he doesn't want to go. I start to get worried that J will pick up on this and do the same so we start talking about how fun it's going to be. We get in and find his basket to put all his stuff inside then go to his classroom. There are puzzles everywhere and the teacher tells him to go play with one he just walks away from me. I tell him to come hug and kiss me and then he goes back to his puzzle. I tell him bye and love you and kind of hang out thinking that's when he's going to get upset. He just said "LOVE YOU" and went right on playing.

I'm glad he had such an easy time but a tiny part of me is sad because I realise he doesn't need me like he once did. Bitter sweet. I still have butterflies in my belly. I already can't wait to go pick him up! I will post pictures later.

No comments: