Friday, July 24, 2009

We're alive

So I've been trying to write out Alexavier's birth story but every time I come over here to do it I get upset, angry, or my mind goes in a million different places. I just can't seem to get it all out the way I want to.

Here's a quick version.
Sunday July 19, 2009 one day before my schedualed Csection my water started leaking around 2pm. I went to the hospital and had an emergency Csection with Alexavier being born at 5:33pm. My doctor was out of town and not present for the birth. That was big bummer #1 for me. Then the epi took 4 tries to get it in. I was so doped up I don't remember a lot of things.

On the plus side Alexavier and I are fine. My birthing photographer made it there about 20 minutes after I got wheeled into recovery so I have some pictures to help jog my memory.

Another up is if I decide to have more children my Dr. is more than willing to do a VBAC. My luck he wont be here when I'm ready for another child!

Alexavier is doing good we are getting the hang of nursing. He hasn't gotten back up to his birth weight yet so I'm not looking forward to his appointment on Aug 4th. His pedi seems pretty understanding/tolorent of breastfeeding so hopefully he'll encourage me to keep going. I also think A has reflux so maybe they will diagnose that and it'll help get his birth weight back up as well.


Jeramyah is loving brother. Any time I don't have him in my arms he asks "Where's my brother?!" He's really gentle with him as well.
Nursing is going well - it was a big concern of mine. I'm not pumping like I should which I know I'll end up regretting but I just can't seem to make myself do it more.

No comments: