Saturday, October 18, 2008

Pictures

Today I took J to get his fall/Halloween pictures done. Let me start off by saying that the last 2 or 3 times we've went and gotten pictures done he hasn't been very photogenic. We did a "Gone Fishing" set for his 2nd birthday. Normally he loves the water and fish and he had a COW cried and cried, wasted all but about 2 minutes of our time slot...In Sept we went and got family pics done. He didn't really cry that time but he dang sure didn't smile.

I'm keeping my BF's 2 sons for a week; one of them had a football game today and that resulted in J not getting a nap. That just makes my fears even higher of the outcome of the shoot.

However today went PERFECTLY! They had leaves, pumpkins, a tree, a fence and a hay bale for it. We took a few pics with him in his regular clothes and they were GREAT! He smiled, held the pumpkins, laughed, he even flirted with the photographer! Then he let me put his Elmo costume on with out a hitch and smiled and played for that!

Normally after you take the pictures you schedule to come back and look at a slide show of them and see which ones you want. When they do the special background scenes like this you view it right then. I thought with having all 3 boys with me this would be hard esp since James wasn't there (it was hell last time!). It actually turned out to be MUCH better. I left Jeramyah to play with the toys (like last time) but this time I didn't have to go keep checking on him.

I am oh so happy about it!

I LOVE pictures...all kinds. In action, sitting, standing, B&W, colour, at home, out and about, professional, just love them all. I get ours done at The Photo Store and they are so great. They are also one of the cheapest places in town. The only thing I don't like is that I easily spend $100 every time. We had family ones when J was 3 months old. Then we did 6, 9, 12, 15 month ones for the "baby steps" they have. Then we did 2 years in July, family in Sept, and these in Oct. Plus they have the Secret Santa ones which are FREAKING ADORABLE! I told the guy today that I just need to sign my paychecks over to them. . . in the last 2 years we've spent about $700 on photos.

Thankfully the family ones were pretty good, and these today were GREAT.... When I look at how much he's grown in the last two years and I get to look at all the ways he's changed it is worth every penny.








Here are the pics we got...I'm so happy with them!

4 comments:

Susan said...

Way to go Sarah! Everyone needs a blog. Sometimes just to vent - - sometimes just to brag!

Erica said...

Love that you started a blog!! I also love the photo store. We did Addi's baby steps photos there and I did the secret santa with the kids last year!! This years pic., in a couple of months, I am going to try Port.Innov. on Soncy. I used them in Alabama and KC and loved them. They are also fairly cheap, you pick the packages and amount of money you want to spend.

mp said...

never heard of the photo store. post some here, i want to see them!

Erica said...

LOVE the pics, now I wish I had done pics of the kids!