Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sleep...well the lack thereof. . .

So my wonderful little boy is driving me NUTS lately. He's started not wanting to take a nap even though he is tired. He'll just stand around and be half asleep or laying down watching a movie with his eyes barely open but when it comes time to lay down he's wide awake! If he doesn't have a nap come 3 or he's a cranky crabby little thing that no one wants to be around.

He usually is asleep by 8pm and wakes up between 7 and 7:30a. Usually I lay him down for a nap around noon and he falls asleep around 1. I don't know if I should try making it earlier or what. I really can't go any later because then he wont sleep at night. It doesn't matter if we do nothing all day or if we are busy and active all day; nothing changes. I also don't think I should take out naps all together because like I said he's crabby, and tired but also because if he doesn't take a nap he doesn't sleep as well at night.

I've tried "quiet time" where he lays down in a room by himself and watches a movie but that only lasts for about 15 minutes. All I know is if something doesn't change soon I'm going to be drinking by 2 every day. . .

1 comment:

mp said...

i vote for the booze by 2pm :)