Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The last week or so...

Well I went for my version on July 13. It did not work. Baby did not turn. I went to the chiropractor on Wednesday...still didn't turn. I did ice pack at the top of my belly and heating pad at the bottom...felt him turn a bit. Thursday when I wake up I can tell he had moved over (his head was on my left upper side and then it was in the middle) but it was hard to tell if I was feeling butt or head.

Today I went to the doctor and the nurse said just by feeling she thought he was head up still. So we are keeping my Csection for the 20th.

I'm such a mix of emotions...part of me is so excited to know my baby boy will be here soon, it's kind of neat knowing that he will be here early Monday afternoon. When I was in labor the last thing on my mind was "MY BABY IS ABOUT TO BE HERE!" I'm still really bummed that I have to have the Csection. It is something I really didn't want. However my Dr. said since I'm not having any complications other than the breech he thinks I'm a great candidate for a VBAC. That makes me feel a lot better.

So I'm spending this week trying to relax and get last minute stuff done at the same time. I don't seem to be doing either one too well unfortunately!! This week has been busy but it's not with anything I should be doing...Plus with the heat I don't want to do anything either...

Anyway back to the version. I had a lot of questions/concerns regarding the epidural they suggest you get with it. I didn't get one and I have to say I wish I would have. Not for the pain reasons (it did hurt though! I had 2 big bruises for a little over a week!) but for relaxation...I felt myself tense up a lot more than once and I'm sure it didn't help the cause any. Dr doesn't think it would have helped me much - he was pretty stubborn - however I think I could have gone longer if I wasn't in such pain. So if anyone ever needs an EVC done and that is one of their questions I suggest they get it!

I made a ring sling last night. A friend of mine let me borrow hers to use as well. When I was making mine J asked what I was doing and told him making a sling. He said "For brother?" in an exasperated sounding voice. So I got the sling my friend lent me and put his baby doll in it and tied it around him. It was so cute he walked around supporting the baby's head and singing and swinging with him. I really think J is going to be a great big brother! I think he's ready for baby brother to get here as well!!!

We have picked out a name for baby but I am afraid to let anyone know until the baby gets here. My dr is out of town for the week and I'm afraid if I say the name out loud then he'll decide it's time for him to come. =)

Well I plan on taking my laptop to the hospital with me and will update ASAP...

1 comment:

mp said...

omg remind me to give you a kid sling for J. I should have a blue one around here somewhere, I made one for Morgan for her baby dolls and it's soooo cute! can't believe I didn't think about it when you were here.