Saturday, March 8, 2014

Day 2

Today's happiness post is a layered one... After a long 12 hour shift it feels AMAZING to crawl into a warm bed. So thankful for the little luxuries I'm able to have. Here's the multiple part... Not only do I have the electric blanket, I have the bed it goes on, the electricity to run it, the roof over my head to have the electric go to. This was a Christmas/thank you gift from a friend of mine's parents. I cooked for his family and mine for Thanksgiving and Christmas. His mom wasn't feeling well but he didn't want her to miss out and go to Furrs or something of that sort. Each time was a wonderful day for everyone involved, especially me. It was so nice to have more than just two little ones to cook for. It made my heart happy to see him and his parents interact with the boys. I'm thankful that I have friends that include the three of us in the things they do. I'm grateful to have friends that not only care but want to show their appreciation. I'm also thankful for friends who know what I want and pass the info along to the people who want to get me something. ;)

No comments: